A message from our Race Director on 30.06.20
You may have seen the hopeful communication we put out at the end of last week regarding the racing weekend at Castle Howard on 25th – 26th July. Over the last few days, following careful and considered discussion between ourselves and the venue we have sadly come to a joint decision to cancel.
This is hugely disappointing news for all parties, not least for you, our valued supporters and competitors, but we have to make safety the main priority. Our events come to life through a careful balance of decision making, with many moving parts and a host of different organisations involved behind the scenes, all of which need be in place and in full agreement before an event can take place. It’s a fine balancing act but we must ensure the health and safety of not only our participants but also of all those involved with the event on site.
We came to this joint decision as we are concerned that the uncertainty and potential time lag between getting a green light and then producing all necessary risk assessments and communicating appropriately with stakeholders could risk adverse publicity and ultimately run a risk of non-compliance with guidelines imposed by government. Although a huge blow, we understand and support Castle Howard’s concern around the risks we’d take if we were to go ahead and want to ensure we retain the positive relationship we have with the venue, their staff and visitors.
For those of you effected by this latest announcement, please scroll down to SEASON 2020 UPDATE for links to next steps.
Again, we are so grateful for your continued support and understanding. Please know, it is always our intention to keep our community safe and up to date. We will continue to focus on getting our Chantilly and Hever events off the ground and remain dedicated to providing a great experience at all our races.
We hope you and your loved ones are keeping safe and well.