April 24, 2019
The clock is quickly counting down to their biggest ever race weekend at Lough Cutra Castle Triathlon and Multisport Festival on May 25th and 26th. If you have yet to register for this year’s events here are some reasons to make a weekend out of it for all the family whether you wish to swim, bike or run.
1. The whole weekend centres around the privately owned castle on the shores of Lough Cutra, swim in the calm water of the lake, cycle through the Burren a UNESCO Heritage site and run through the castle grounds for finish line in front of the historic castle.
2. There is a race for EVERYONE! Yes Everyone, from Starter Tri to Sprint Plus, Standard Distance to Middle Distance the choice is yours if swim bike and run is on your agenda! If just two of the three disciplines take your fancy then why not take on the brand new Duathlon, Aquathlon or Aquabike races, who knows maybe two sports are better than three.
3. Earn precious early season points in the Triathlon Ireland National Series Standard Distance Race or go for glory in the New Aquabike Middle Distance Championships. Gather your club mates and race it out for club glory in fast and furious Mixed Team Relay National Club Championships.
4. Junior Athletes can be the king or queen of the castle with triathlon races for 8-15 years olds taking place with varying distances to suit each age group or maybe they can encourage mum and dad to the race in the Family Mixed Relay on Sunday.
5. Spectators are invited and welcome to enjoy the race atmosphere on site all weekend, there is live music, a trade village, a climbing wall, kids inflatable, yoga, Irish dancing and more, perfect fun and entertainment for all the family in between the racing action.
6. Tackle their Swim Only events on Saturday in the privately owned lake, choose from 5K, 2.5K and 1 mile, with or without wetsuit. Or why not take on the Half Marathon or 10k on Sunday, part of the Castle Run Series.
7. Stuck for accommodation? Don’t be, there is camping on site, so just book your spot and you can literally roll out of bed on race morning after a little lie in and go race!
8. Unlock an array of discounts from their Irish event partners PELO, Galway City Physio as well as special offers from Series Partners Zone3 and High 5.
9. They have a host of trophies, vouchers and cash prizes to be won over the race weekend, but if you’re not in you can’t win!
10. Book your place on any race before April 30th to secure 10% off race entry on www.loughcutratri.ie.
The choice is yours, you can sit on the fence or you can join the masses to have some fun, achieve your goal of completing a triathlon or beat your best result to date across swim, bike and run.