January 11, 2019
Matrix Events: event company behind the Castle Triathlon Series, Commando Series and Run or Dye
Company: Matrix Events Ltd
Position: Event Operations Manager
Reporting: Reports into Race Director/CEO
Location: Penshurst, Kent
Hours: Full time plus event weekends (8-10 weekends annually)
Salary: £27k – £35k (dependent on level of experience)
Event Operations and Project Manager
A unique opportunity has arisen to work for one of the UK leading event organisers as an Event Operations and Project Manager based in Kent (Penshurst). The event company runs the leading triathlon series; Castle Triathlon Series / Castle Run Series / Castle Swim Series, authentic obstacle course run; Commando Series and 5k colour run; Run or Dye events which spread across the UK, France and Ireland.
The position will suit a highly organised, proactive, diligent, IT literate and adaptable individual who is passionate about events and delivering the best results whilst demonstrating a good use of initiative. The role is pivotal in the company helping ensure smooth running of events by delivering key projects alongside the Race Director, Marketing and Sponsorship Team, Registration and Customer Services.
It will provide the successful candidate with a prime opportunity to gain huge experience working alongside household brands with prime exposure to a leading and successful sports brand.
Working within a small team (extending during the Summer months), the role will cover crucial aspects of the event preparation and operations including responsibility for key projects;
- Event Delivery:Attend all events ensuring successful activation as a key coordinator alongside the Race Director.
- Budget Control:Working closely with the Director and Accounts Dept to ensure given budget is well managed and maintained.
- Coordination, Planning and Logistics:Key logistics supporting the event preparation including transport booking, coordination of team and staff food requirements.
- Product Sourcing and Supplier Management:Sourcing and purchasing key event assets from such as staffing, competitor t-shirts, medals, etc. Suppliers should be well briefed, managed and a good sense of financial control should be demonstrated working in to the Accounts team.
- Merchandise Management:Coordinate the management of the Castle Triathlon Series merchandise range from briefing the Supplier, to design and product approval, to financial management and sales through Online Shop and Event Presence.
- Volunteer Recruitment, Marshal Organisation and Event Day Staffing Requirements:Build relationships with volunteers, keep a detailed record of participation and manage communications to keep them engaged and events supported. Major role at events is liaising with event staff to allocate marshals and ensure clear brief of roles and responsibilities.
- Concession Recruitment and Liaison: Sourcing, booking and briefing concessions and key suppliers fundamental to the event offering e.g. food and drink / toilets etc.
- Project Management: As part of the event companies growing event portfolio and community offering they have successfully delivered the Schools Roadshow; curriculum linked school training days at the castle venues. These events will be managed within this role giving autonomy for the delivery and implementation working alongside the marketing team on recruiting schools.
- Prize Giving and Prize Allocation;Source and manage the prize allocation as well as the timing and delivery of Event Day prize giving, coordinating with the timing company and commentators.
- Warehouse and Stock Management:Coordinating warehouse management, including the transfer of goods to and from events. Managing product inventory on a per race basis, schedule and coordinate product shipments.
Applicants should be organised and goal-orientated with the ability to multi-task. Ability to be adaptable and happy working in a small team essential.
- At least four years in event operations and management
- Driving licence and car essential
- Strong time management
- Meticulous attention to detail, highly organised and forward thinking
- Strong personal and communication skills
- Diplomatic and cooperative when working with key partners e.g. venues / professional bodies etc.
- Supplier engagement helping to get the most out of partners and ensure results are delivered
- Financial procurement / budget management
Please email cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is 25 January 2019.